Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Nuffin"

Anthony made a little Easter basket at MOPS yesterday, and there were a couple eggs with candy inside. He insisted today that I must not "break" (open) the eggs. So he disappeared for a while and came back chewing something that was running down his chin. "Anthony, whatcha got there?" I said.
"Huh?" such a boy response.
"What are you eating, Mijo?"
"Nuffin." he said, convincingly. In fact if I hadn't seen the evidence dribbling down his chin, I might have believed him.
"Are you sure about that? Are you eating something?" I was giving him every opportunity to tell the truth.
"Nuffin."
"Nothin' what?"
"Nuffin."
"Anthony, I think you have something in your mouth, and it's okay, but can you tell me what it is?"
"Um....nuffin." I think he thought I was going to make him share.

He was probably right. I had already dipped into the egg without his knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment