Friday, September 12, 2008

Potty Update

It turns out I don't need a will of my own. Valerie has enough for all of us. After a rough first day of potty training, I turned to my BFF and of course she had the strength I needed to help me keep my resolve. She also had some fantastic pointers since she's potty trained 2 already and will soon be training another. Vince has done pretty well today...by "pretty well" I mean that he hasn't screamed bloody murder when I put him on the potty yet, thanks to the idea Val gave me to blow bubbles while we're waiting for the pee. He finally got to taste an M&M since he successfully pottied in the toilet and begged for more (alas, I'm a meanie and wouldn't relent; he gets one for pee and two for poo when he goes on the toilet). Anyway, we're still plugging away.

Happy Friday to those of you who count the weekdays still.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Kaiya did REALLY well at first too, then had a period of time where she would scream everytime we got near the potty. Took a couple months off from doing it, then she LOVED it.. Now we are kind of hit or miss. She does GREAT when we are at home... And she is also a HUGE fan of m&ms!! :)
    Keep us updated on the progress!! WAY TO GO VINCE!

    ReplyDelete