Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FOUR MONTHS! WHAT?!

How the time flies. Vincent had his four month check up today. He was cleared for take off on the baby cereal. I was pretty excited because I thought maybe that would help him sleep a little better at night. So he was starving when we got home and I decided just to go ahead and give it a shot while he's hungry. Well, he didn't really care for it. In fact he made the most adorably disgusted face I've ever seen on him. The cereal was so runny it just ran right out of his mouth. Then he had a really uncomfortable poo tonight, so I'm not sure it agreed with him too well. We'll try again soon though. I'll post the video soon....the video of him eating; not of his poo. :-)

His doctor said he's doing just fine; he's right on target for his developmental milestones, so that is reassuring. At least we're not screwing him up so bad that he's the slow kid. She also said that he should not get veggies or fruits until he's 6 months old. I'm kind of glad about that because I want to prepare myself a little more for that. I would like to try making as much of his food as possible. I know the jar food is much more convenient, but to make it myself would be much more economical. Anyway, we'll see how it goes and if worse comes to worst, we'll buy the baby food.

She also said it seems like he's too dependent on his pacifier and it's interupting his sleep. I think she's right. So we're going to work on taking it away. She said it's a hard problem to have (I assume that means we're in for a long haul) and that it will take lots of patience. Good. That's what I've been working on. What a fantastic opportunity.

I'm updating his growth progress below, so have a look at it if you want. I hope to get the cereal video posted soon; for now, I'm going to BED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment