Monday, October 29, 2007

Southbound

Now that I've told my boss and coworkers, I feel like I can make the official announcement...no, Vince isn't going to be a big brother (yet). Dan recently started a new job with the Army Corp of Engineers. He is a construction rep and he loves it!! He is doing a fantastic job so far and he always comes home in a great mood...the only thing is, he only comes home on the weekends for now because the job is in Southern Illinois. We are going to be relocating to the Carbondale area soon, specifically Murphysboro. Our house is on the market and we're looking forward to closing on a new one in December. We will be just a few blocks from our dear friends Art and Cathy and little Finn. I know our friends and families are happy for us because they know how long Dan has waited for an opportunity like this, but I know that with the joy, comes a little taste of sadness that we'll be moving so far away. As I told my mother, however, be happy he didn't get one of the other jobs he applied for in California or Florida or Colorado or even Germany. Compared to that, four and a half hours is nothin'!

1 comment:

  1. We are thrilled that you will be our neighbors and can't wait until you move in!
    Congratulations on the job and house!!

    Cathy, Art & Finn

    ReplyDelete