Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Independence Day

Happy belated 4th of July...and Happy belated birthdays to Finn and Macaria.

We had a fairly laid back weekend. Friday I did the grocery shopping while Dan and Vince had some daddy/son bonding time and for the rest of the day we stayed home and hung out together. I brought home a surprise for Vince: a little boy baby doll. We named him Baby Max and have started to teach Vince how to hold him and how not to touch his face or to hit him. Vince loves to snuggle Baby Max and pat his back. I think he'll be a great big brother to baby Ripley.

Saturday we went to our nephew's 8th grade graduation party. Jay-bird will be 14 later this month! When I met him he was 7 or 8 and I just can't believe how much he's changed and grown up in that seemingly short time.

Sunday after church we went to the Glenn Oak Zoo with my family. Vince and Aaron were both such good boys. Aaron liked the Koi fish the best, I think....and the car that gramma and grampa got him...the doors open! Vince liked showing off how well he can walk. He showed a little interest in the monkeys, but I think that's because as his mother's son, he is part monkey! Vince wore himself out with all the walking around he did, so he took a nice long nap when we got home. Mommy and Daddy even fell asleep for a little bit while we watched the Cubbies cream the Cardinals! Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment