Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reading

I just have to say, I feel so overwhelmingly blessed to have the privilege of teaching Vincent to read. Maybe it's the book-lover in me. Maybe it's the mommy. Whatever it is, I am so grateful for the chance to see Vincent's eyes light up when he realizes he has just read a word. I was terrified of this process at first, until a sweet friend told me about this book. It takes all the work out of it. I don't have to do any planning. It's even scripted (and you're supposed to follow the script exactly). It may sound daunting, but it truly is the best thing we've done for homeschool. Anthony even wants to participate, but I can't figure out a good way to teach them both at the same time, so I'm going to start with Anthony at the beginning of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment