Sunday, July 1, 2007

My first two weeks of life





Welcome to my blog!! Check it out periodically to find out what I'm up to. Mommy and Daddy (and by that I really mean just Mommy) will try very hard to keep this updated each week or every couple of weeks with new photos and developments.



Here's a recap of my first day of life:



It all started on June 15, 2007. Mommy was induced at 7:45 am and had a very good labor that lasted only 8 1/2 hours. I was born at 4:18pm and weighed exactly 7 pounds. The nurse measured me at 18 1/2 inches long, but everyone thinks I was a bit longer than that because my legs were pretty scrunched up when she measured me. I peed on Dr. Dameron and then I peed two more times before they could get the diaper on me. (That is my favorite thing to do and I try to pee on someone at least once a day...even if that someone is just myself. Mommy is trying to teach me not to do it though, because Miss Jamie doesn't want to be peed on when it's time for mommy and daddy to go back to work.)



When I left the hospital I weighed 6 pounds and 10 ounces. At my 2 week well-baby visit I weighed 8 pounds and 3 1/2 ounces!! I was also 21 inches long. Mommy's milk is really yummy. I like to eat it and she likes making it for me. We are both grateful that God is giving her good healthy milk for me to drink. Mommy doesn't mind that she is the only one who can feed me in the middle of the night, because we like to hang out together as much as possible.



My puppy is very protective of me. He doesn't like it when strangers hold me. He likes to cuddle with me, but mommy and daddy try to make him stay out of my face because his paws are really big.



I've had lots of visitors and our friends and families have been very generous and given us some really sweet gifts. I'm blessed to have so many people in my life who love me and want to spend time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment