Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Surf's Up!


What's new in the world of Vincent? Well, I am certainly the cutest baby alive, but you wouldn't know it because most of the time my face is beat red and my eyebrows are scrunched up and I am wailing at the top of my lungs. But there are a few precious moments when mommy or daddy is feeding me and my sweet little eyes close, and I look like the perfect baby they had been waiting nine months for. So while I'm up screaming at 2:34 in the morning, mommy and daddy picture the sweet faces I make and that helps them get through the night.

I haven't really hit any milestones to speak of, but I do have a really goopy eye problem. The doctor says the tear duct gets backed up or something and that makes my eye get all goopy. But mommy massages it several times a day with a warm wet washcloth and I really like that. I took a bath today; I don't really like being placed in the baby bathtub, but I do like to lie on the counter while mommy sponge bathes me. I stay really quiet and very still and she scrubs all the spit-up out of all my little baby rolls. It really works quite well. Mommy can't stop sniffing my head afterwards, though. It gets really annoying: she just sniffs my head all day long. I think we're going to have to get some help for her. Someone should find her a group for clean-baby-hair-sniffers-anonymous.

Mommy had another amateur photo session with me today. I'm wearing a really cool outfit that my Great-Aunt Jenny and cousins Katie and Jacob got for me. Mommy wanted to cry when she put it on me because when I was born it was WAY too big for me and now it fits me perfectly. The shorts look a little baggy, but I think they're supposed to because that's the way surfer dudes wear their shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment