Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Two Month Check Up

I am a big healthy boy! I went to Dr. Marshall today and I really like her. She knows lots of stuff and she helps mommy and daddy make good decisions about my healthcare. I weigh 12 pounds and 5.5 ounces (70th percentile) and I am 22.5 inches long (45th percentile).

I got 3 shots and an oral vaccine today. I cried during the shots, but as soon as daddy picked me up I was fine. Mommy left the room because it made her too sad to see me in pain. Daddy said the nurse was too rough. He didn't like that she put the needle really far into my thigh, but mommy says she's pretty sure the nurse is not a sadist who gets her jollies from making babies cry.

Dr. Marshall says I'm developing well. I smile more and more each day; I focus on mommy and daddy's faces and on other objects; I reach for things; I talk (but nobody seems to know what I'm saying); I lift my head up pretty well (though sometimes I still slam it down on mommy or daddy's shoulder and that kinda hurts, but I am pretty tough); and best of all I usually sleep for about 6-7 hours during the night! Mommy really likes that.

That's about all the news we have for now. I'm going to go eat my dinner number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment